Sunday, September 12, 2010

More research on cloud computing

My action research project will be to convince fellow teachers to use GoogleDocs as an application to ease our lives, organize our curriculum and allow us access from it home.  This week I accesssed four case studies of schools who incorporated cloud computing into their management system, one with Google Apps.  The financial cost savings was significant and the ease of bringing it online and running was remarkable.

I also reviewed a white paper from Berkley on the topic of cloud computing and the effects it will have on education as a system.  There was much jargon I didn't comprehend, but the gist of the paper was it's out there, readily available, inexpensive, and could provide capabilities to K-12 schools unheard of just two years ago.  

Each article I read presents a long list of more reading, but today, my eyes are about ready to drop out of my sockets, so I'm going to give them a rest.  There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment