Sunday, September 19, 2010

AR readings

Still reading websites on collaboration with Google Docs.  Checked out more on Forms this time.  Discovered how to write quizzes that actually grade the quiz as it posts on the spreadsheet.  Now I can get behind that.  There are plenty of uses for Forms, as a teacher, administrator and students gathering data for projects.  Will continue research on spreadsheets and presentations.  Lynda.com is an outrageous resource of "how to" on Google Docs.

Being a certificate student, I'm focusing more on actual software, especially free and open sources because schools are short on money and I can't afford to buy it either.  I really am enthusiastic about  checking out the free apps that we've been given plus the ability to learn through lynda.com everything we want to when we need it.

This week I started working on Flash, an iMovie type software, on steroids.  It is a complicated program compared to iMovie, but from what I see so far, has greater abilities in "drawing" graphics and putting motion to other things.  iMovies puts pictures and movies together, while Flash has the ability to start things from scratch.  I've only watched about 2 or so hours with over 20 hours to view, and will have to review and move on as I make my way through the program.  The "essentials" video is over six hours.  It has a look similar to iMovie, enough to make viewing Flash comfortable.  Vocabulary is somewhat intuitive, but there sure is a lot of it.  It will take me more than the remaining three months I have left to become an expert but hopefuly long enough to become "good enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment